Dear members, dear visitors,
it's the time of the year to review what has been achieved in the course of 2010, and also to share some news from the committee with you.
- The new committee has taken up its work after the successful conference held in Rotterdam. Thanks again to Pieter, Garmt and Aimée for all their efforts in making this a memorable conference.
- This fall, we have launched the new website of the society. Feedback has been positive throughout, and we hope that you continue to benefit from the site and its features. We also feel that the renewal process works much smoother due to the integration to the system. Thanks to everybody involved in the transfer, in particular John, Anne, Ian, Hal and Barbara.
- Together with the new website, we have launched additional member benefits like reduction on text books or conferences, and a member directory. Please send additional proposals of what you would like to see in the future to any committee member. Please also re-consider contributing datasets with a description for usage by fellow members. Response has been very slow so far, while many people have expressed their wish to have a variety of datasets available.
- For all those that have not renewed their membership yet, please do so as soon as possible. Elsevier has already started shipping 2011 issues of FQAP. Lapsed members will no longer have access to the members-only part of the website either.
- We plan to hold the Annual General Meeting as usual during the Pangborn Symposium 2011, which will take place in Kyoto, Japan.
- I am happy to announce that after going to Rennes (France) in 2012 and to Chicago (USA) in 2014, the 2016 Sensometrics meeting will be held in Brighton UK. We are grateful to Yvonne Taylor, Dominic Buck and Keith Greenhoff for their great proposal and for their commitment to organize this meeting.
Also in 2011, please do not hesitate to contact me or any other committee member with any questions, proposals or concerns you may have. Until then, on behalf of the committee, I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and all the best for 2011.