In this 3-day course you will:
· Understand why different sensory methodologies can yield different decisions
· Recognize the importance of test instructions
· Explore the tetrad test as a powerful alternative to the triangle test
· Learn to assess and manage risks in product testing decisions
· Develop standards for consumer-relevant sensory differences
· Connect results of internal panel testing to consumer response
· Establish your experiment’s optimal sample size, including potential replications
· Find optimal product portfolios using Landscape Segmentation Analysis® (LSA), an innovative unfolding technique
· Discover significant advances in TURF analysis and graph theory to determine optimal portfolio size and composition
The course is enhanced by using a corporate scenario in which researchers and management grapple with issues involving test methodology. You will experience, along with the characters in the scenario, how experimental procedures are selected that will best fit your budget and research objectives. The course is taught by Dr. Daniel Ennis, Dr. Benoit Rousseau, and Dr. John Ennis with invited speakers: Frank Rossi of PepsiCo and Anthony (Manny) Manuele of MillerCoors.
For complete information and online registration, visit: http://ifpress.com/short-courses/greenbrier-2016/ For the multiple registration and member discount, please contact Susan Longest at email@example.com.
Course fee includes:
· All course materials and a copy of our latest books, Tools and Applications of Sensory and Consumer Science and Thurstonian Models: Categorical Decision Making in the Presence of Noise
· Daily continental breakfast, lunch, and break refreshments
· A group dinner on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
· Complimentary attendance at an IFP webinar
· Three-month free trial of IFPrograms™ software + complimentary workshop on Friday, November 11
This program qualifies for Certified Food Scientist (CFS) recertification contact hours (CH). CFS Certificants may claim 18 CH for their participation in this program.
Offered by: The Institute for Perception
Target audience: Intermediate
Cost: $1975 USD; 20% discount applied to each additional registrant from the same company when registered at the same time, Academic discount available.
Further information:http://ifpress.com/short-courses/ or call +1-804-675-2980